Reasons for backdating income support

You should get a decision on the day of the Tribunal. This appeal will only succeed if you can show the tribunal is incorrect in law. To help you do this, you must apply for a full statement of reasons to the Appeals Service within one month of getting your decision. You may be able to claim expenses to get to and from the Tribunal hearing and you may be able to get: If you are a working age customer it will be necessary for you to establish good cause for your backdate request.

This means that you will have to give full explanations of the reasons why you did not submit your application at the time you wish your claim to be paid from.

The Appeals Service can arrange for your appeal to be at your home if you are too ill to travel.

You will need a note from your doctor stating you are too ill to travel.

If you are still not satisfied with our decision or explanation, you can appeal.

An overpayment occurs when you have been paid Benefit that you were not entitled to receive.

Overpayments of Housing Benefit and Council Tax Benefit arise for various reasons and below are some examples: The Benefits Service can recover all overpayments except those that are caused by ‘official error’.

We will decide whom to recover the overpayment from after looking at the reasons that led to the overpayment.

If you disagree with the overpayment you must write to the Benefits Service and ask for a detailed written explanation or request that we look at our decision again.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>